(1) In October, we wrote questions to the President. Today we checked the mailbox and our letter from the White House arrived!!! I cannot wait to share it with our first grade friends on Monday J It is the perfect Presidents Day connection plus we now have a ton of information about the Presidential dog! Woohoo!!!
(2) 3 beautiful roses from a student. Could they be an apology gift from a student with wandering eyes??? Naah, couldn’t be. Just roses for Valentine’s Day…right? J
(3) I’m finished! After two weeks of creating, I just finished my A Wildly Whimsical Birthday: 12 CCSS-Aligned Math Centers to celebrate a certain cannot-be-mentioned March birthday J It is full of awesome spiral review activities and really hits place value hard. This pack includes time, non-standard measurement, place value, missing addends, word problems, even/odd, counting on, sequencing and number patterns, graphing and data analyzing, and SO much more. Click on the overview to see the listing on TPT. Also, make sure to try-it-before-you-buy-it with Birthday Roundup for free!
(4) A year ago today, I left for a semester in London. From small-town America to a city of 9 million, I fell in love with the city. 4 months and 9 countries later, I am definitely missing Europe today.
(5) My CT introduced quiet cups this week and they are MAGIC. The cups stay on green if a table is at an appropriate voice level, yellow is a warning, and red means you must go to zero and move your clip. This was a new idea to me, but they are genius. All we had to do is to reach for the cup and the entire table was filled with
Well, happy weekend, friends. Do you get a three-day weekend? If so, I’m jealous!